GPIO Demo is the first fully functional module for DomoTab. It’s an autonomous development platform that can be used to develop other modules.
GPIO Demo module has all the main characteristics of DomoTab and DTPlug modules: UEXT controller, NXP’s LPC1224 micro-controller, identifying EEPROM and just the right dimensions. This module also has development specific features: a FTDI FT230X USB/Serial interface which allows you to power and reprogram the module without cables, cards or power supplies, a two tone LED, I2C temperature sensor with alarm function, and access to 24 GPIO (including 6 ADC inputs) on 2.54mm threaded pins. They are spaced conveniently for use on a test plate and have access to 3.3V and 5V power. Finally, there are two jumpers so you can use it as an USB/serial interface and get access to the UEXT controller’s UART.
A complete USB key sized development platform!
This module is available both fully assembled and in a kit that you have to solder yourself. This will show you that even with CMS component, electronics is within anyone’s reach. (The demo video is available in french, see below.)
The reference manual is available !
This manual includes all technical information about the hardware, some help about the software, and a step by step guide for DIY module assembly !
GPIO Demo module’s technical data:
Micro-controller : NXP’s LPC1224
- Core ARM Cortex-M0
- Core Freq: 48MHz
- Flash : 32Ko onboard programmable
- SRAM : 4Ko
- 2xUART, SPI, I²C, GPIO, ADC, PWM, …
Interfaces and Features:
- Cortex-M0 micro-controller running at 48MHz, with 4Ko of SRAM, 32Ko of fully onboard programmable Flash with no additional equipment.
- Integrated USB to UART bridge, FTDI FT230X.
- 128Kb I2C EEPROM 16Ko) for identification and data storage
- TI’s TMP101 temperature sensor, with alarm function.
- Bicolor LED.
- Reset and ISP buttons (ISP available for user after boot).
- UEXT Connector (Specified by Olimex) including power, UART (UART0), I2C bus, and SPI bus.
- Easy access to 24 GPIO, including 6 ADC inputs and access to UART1, using 2.54mm pins for easy prototyping, plus 5V, 3.3V and ground from USB on dedicated pins for use without external supply.
- Board with USB type A male connector (L x l x H): 83mm x 23mm x 19mm
- Board with micro USB female connector (L x l x H) : 77.5mm x 22.5mm x 19mm
- Full version with USB type A male connector: 10g